Following on from our last two blog posts about WordPress, we thought we’d give you some stats and facts relating to this world leading Content Management System (CMS). These were taken from a very cool Yoast infographic. Yoast accumulated these stats from a range of sources including Experian Hitwise and WordPress itself.
- As of March 2012, WordPress is on 72.4m different websites around the globe … Tweet this!
- WordPress is the most used and popular CMS in existence … Tweet this!
- By the end of 2011, it was estimatd that around 20-25% of all new websites published were built using the WordPress platform … Tweet this!
- To date, there have been 98 version releases of WordPress … Tweet this!
- In 2011, WordPress was responsible for 14.7% of the top 1m websites in the entire world … Tweet this!
- Examples of the sites using WordPress include Honda, the NFL, New York Times, Ford, CNN, NASA, Top Gear, TechCrunch & more … Tweet this!
- 48% of the top 100 blogs, as ranked by Technorati, currently use WordPress as their CMS … Tweet this!
- WordPress is the 18th most popular website in the UK … Tweet this!
- 22 of every 100 new domains created in the US are running WordPress … Tweet this!
- WordPress boasts more than 37m global searches every month … Tweet this!
- An average day on WordPress sees around 500,000 new posts … Tweet this!
- Over 352m people view more than 2.5b pages in an average month on WordPress.com … Tweet this!
- In the first week of March 2012, over 826,000 YouTube videos were embedded on WordPress websites … Tweet this!
- In the UK, WordPress in 10x as big as Drupal and Joomla … Tweet this!
- There are 19,000+ plugins freely available in the WordPress Plugin Directory … Tweet this!
- WordPress plugins have been downloaded more than 285,000,000 times … Tweet this!
If you’re interested in having us build you a new website using WordPress, please get in touch with us today.